Some things I've cooked and liked - some of it will be happy accidents and some will be ripped off from other people. Enjoy!

Monday, 10 December 2007

The Best Cheese Toastie

I'm not too sure why this is so good. I discovered it by happy accident, but now I keep reaching for the butter whenever I go to make a cheese toastie. The peanut butter goes really creamy and delicous. Again no quantities as I tend to just eyeball it.

2 slices Bread
Margarine
Cheese
Crunchy Peanut Butter

  1. Plug in your toastie maker
  2. Butter the 2 pieces of bread and lay them butter side out on the toastie maker. Shut the lid. This will help the outside of bread get a head start at getting crispy so you dont end up burning your mouth on the filling
  3. Thinly slice the cheese (cheese planes are grate for this, if not just use a knife) Remove the bread from the toastie maker, and spread one piece with peanut butter
  4. Put the cheese on the other piece, return both pieces to the toastie maker and leave until the bread begins to turn brown and the cheese is melting, about 3 mins

1 comment:

Petra said...

Hey Helen,

Not sure if this will get to you but just wondered if you still fancy a visit from the Choc Star tour??

Do e-mail me if so! feedme@chocstar.co.uk

Cheers!

Petra